Warren County Head Start believes that parents are their child’s first and best teacher, and encourages parents to participate in every aspect of the program. Warren County Head Start provides a support system for families, offering families the opportunity to
- Share in their child’s growth and development
- Enhance their Parenting Skills
- Be a part of the decision making for the program
- Attend workshops
- Form friendships with other parents through social activities
- Obtain information about other community services and programs
- Learn how to actively participate in their child’s transitions
Every family enrolled in the program will have a Family Services Worker or Home Based Visitor. These staff are advocates for families, and will support them from the application process through the child’s transition to Kindergarten. Throughout the school year, Family Services Workers and Home Based Visitors will work with families on identifying their goals, interests, strengths and needs. This is an ongoing process that is parent directed. The Family Services Worker and Home Based Visitor also act as a link between the family and the classroom and the family and the community.
Apply for Our Family Services
Warren County Head Start offers these family services to qualifying low income families across Warren County, including Glens Falls, Queensbury, Warrensburg, Chestertown, Lake Luzerne, and Lake George.